As we grow, we learn. As we go through life, we get taught lessons that we never knew we needed to be taught. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and if I could go back and talk to my younger self, these are the top 5 tips I would give myself.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes, we don’t always get things right, but what you do today shouldn’t restrict the rest of your days, so let your mistakes go, learn from them and move on from them.
- Accept you cant change whats been. You cant undo or change anything already done, so focusing on the future will help you make the most out of your days. Learn to accept who you are and don’t let the opinion of others change that. Only you can be the best version of you.
- Stop setting yourself such high standards. Its good to want to be a good person, but you’re human, you will mess up, you won’t always make the best judgments, don’t beat yourself up so much when things don’t go your way. Stop letting the stress and anxiety of not reaching targets dampen your day. You got this!
- Talk to someone. Its not healthy to bottle things up inside. Its not healthy to battle everyday without help. My younger self suffered immensely with mental health problems, and I was too scared to tell anyone. If I could change one thing, I would have spoken out sooner.
- Live your life!! Life is too short and you never know whats round the corner, so travel, make memories with loved ones, don’t settle for less than you deserve. Because you’re going to grow into a fighter, and you deserve more than you allow yourself. See the world, experience all you can, don’t waste time, just go and be you!